While we worked hard to ensure Simplifi links transactions properly, there may be times where you'll need to link a downloaded transaction to a Recurring reminder manually. Since Simplifi is continually learning, linking transactions increases the odds that it will match correctly next time.
- Hover over the menu on the left and select Transactions.
- Open the account the transaction occurred.
- In the Upcoming section, locate the Recurring reminder you'd like to link.
- Click the three dots at the top of the reminder card.
- Select Link to Transaction.
- Search for and select the matching downloaded transaction.
- Click Link.
Simplifi will remove the Recurring reminder from the Upcoming view and match it to the downloaded transaction.
What if I receive an error when trying to link a transaction to a reminder?
If you receive an error when trying to link transactions, be sure the Recurring reminder has the same designated account listed as the account in which the transaction occurred.
- Example: Let's say you've created a Recurring reminder for a Gas bill that you usually pay through your checking account, but this month you paid it through your credit card. Simplifi won't allow you to match the downloaded transaction to your Recurring reminder because it occurred in a different account than listed for that reminder. In this scenario, you'd need to update the designated account on the Recurring Series to the one in which the transaction occurred.
Note: Currently, Simplifi does not offer the ability to link manual transactions to recurring reminders.
To learn more about our Recurring feature, check out our article here!