The Simplifi Spending Plan takes the worry out of your monthly spending decisions by keeping track of all your finances for you!
Simplifi creates a custom plan based on your expected income and bills that show you at a glance just how much money you have left to spend on the things you need and want, updated in real-time.
How does it work?
The Spending Plan divides your monthly spending budget into three parts:
- Total to Spend is the amount of money available to spend after subtracting your fixed expenses from your total expected income for each month.
- Spent So Far is an up-to-the-minute tally of your spending to date, adjusted every time you update your financial activity in Simplifi.
- Left to Spend is the amount remaining to spend after you deduct the Spent So Far total for the Total to Spend for the month.
Each of these sections can be expanded for more details.
See where you stand
You can review and manage your current spending with a number of helpful tools that are easy and intuitive, and also fun to use!
The Spent So Far area shows how much you've spent to date in each Category. The colorful Category bubbles can be moved around as you like, and they expand when clicked to display all transactions in that category:
At the bottom left of the Spending Plan is the total amount of money you have Left to Spend for the month, and the average amount per day that represents, both updated in real-time to reflect your recent purchases.
Manage your Spending Total
You can see just how Simplifi calculates your monthly Total to Spend amount by clicking on any of the three budget areas shown on the right. These expandable lists allow you to view, and edit, all the items in each group:
- Income is made up of all the sources of income you’ve set up as recurring transactions, like paychecks, and is updated with any additional deposits you receive throughout the month.
- Bills and Subscriptions are all your regular, recurring expenses for each month, including phone services, utilities, and mortgages or rent. Click here to learn more about adding and editing recurring income and expenses in Simplifi.
- Savings Goals include any amounts you’ve set aside to save toward any goal, like emergencies, weddings, or vacations. Click here to learn how to set up Savings Goals in Simplifi.
You can view, edit, or modify any of the information for each of these budget areas by clicking on the arrow to the left of any group. Simplifi will display a list of the items included in that group (1).
If you want to manually adjust the total amount for a specific group, you can do so by selecting the three dots at the top right of the total and clicking Set Custom (2).
If you need to edit or delete one of the transactions listed in a group, select the three dots to the right of the transaction amount, and choose the appropriate option (3).